12/30/13

Bye bye 2013!

Happy New Year, everybody! And let 2014 be so much better than 2013.

These last 2 days I have been thinking over all projects I finished this year and what I learned about my style and preferences. It's fun learning about myself as if I am a stranger :)


  • I started 2013 finishing crib size quilt for my daughter Hannah and I am finishing 2013 with another quilt, queen size! I experimented with different patterns and found out that for me the simpler the better. I also prefer making lap size or crib size quilts to queen size :)
  • This year I dived into sewing mainly with knits. I got Brother 1034d serger and I love it! I made tees for my husband, daughter and me. I am still looking for a perfect tee for myself. I drafted a tee pattern for my husband using madmim tutorial. I prefer her older version of tutorial for some reason. I get better fit with it. I also found out I hate sewing neck bands. I like Pattern Scissors Cloth binding tutorial though.
  • I also found out and I was actually surprised that I want instant gratification and I rush and I make dumb mistakes. Lesson to me: slow down and enjoy the process.
  • I am still learning about my style and what I like to wear. And what colors I like. And what flatters my body. I take this as ongoing process that will evolve all the time.
  • I also found out that I prefer sewing in the morning to the evenings. In the evenings I like knitting!
  • I would like to sell my collection of vintage patterns because I am not going to use it. And I want these patterns to be happy and find them a new owner that could actually use them!
  • For Christmas I got a book on draping and now I need a dress form to start learning. I actually used draping when I was a kid and I was making clothes for my Barbie girl. I didn't realized that I actually used draping haha!
  • I started knitting again and I love it. Over summer I knitted Aryn Tunic cardigan and it was fine until I decided to wash it and block it wet. It got so long and now I hate it and put it into frog-me pile. I finished knitting 2 sweaters for Hannah and 2 hats for Hannah and me so we coordinate now :) 
  • I really hope 2014 will be better than 2013 and I will do more projects that fit me and my style! And I also would like to take more time to work on fit and make a muslin and then use nice fabric. 
Plans for 2014:
  • I really hope 2014 will be better than 2013 and I will do more projects that fit me and my style! And I also would like to take more time to work on fit and make a muslin and then use nice fabric.
  • Finish Archer. I sewed one up back in April and the size was too large on me and I also lost weight so now it looks like I took my husband's shirt. Sleeves are long, shoulders are super large, and don't ask me about back. I think I have narrow back by the way. Archer is my style!
  • Finish Moss skirt. I am still on muslin phase and the size looks good.
  • Pants! I love Jamie Jeans by Named.
  • I want to use all the patterns I have before I buy a new pattern. Good thing I am not alone in this!
  • I would like to change the design of my blog. Like I said the simpler the better. 
Happy New Year! Stay positive and everything will be alright!

No comments:

Post a Comment